Top 5 reasons are here.
The preliminary agenda for LUG 2014 in April is now online.
The OpenSFS Community Development Working Group is gathering data from organizations using Lustre in order to develop a long-term support strategy recommendation going forward. We want to ensure that future Lustre releases are well-aligned with the needs of the Lustre community.
Please complete this short survey to make sure that your organization’s voice is heard!
Note that all questions are optional you may submit a partially completed survey if you prefer.
Registration for LUG 2014 is now open. Register by March 17 to take advantage of the special early-bird registration rate!
Go to the LUG 2014 event page to register.
OpenSFS and the Lustre Community were at Supercomputing 2013 (SC’13) in Denver, November 18-21.
Presentations from our BoF session and related talks on the SC’13 show floor will be posted shortly.
The submission period for the April 2014 Lustre User’s Group meeting in Miami, Florida, is now open. Deadline for submitting abstracts is January 31, 2014. See details…
The Lustre® Community Development Working Group (CDWG) is pleased to announce that the Lustre 2.5.0 Release is now available for download. The source code is also available from git.
This major release includes a number of new features:
- Hierarchal Storage Management (HSM) (LU-3608) – allows data to be transferred between different storage types
- Extended Attribute Cache (Xattr Cache) (LU-2869) – improved performance when reading extended attributes
- LU-3833 : HSM does not check whether a file is sparse before archiving which could lead to unexpected results
- LU-4152 : Under rare access patterns while re-exporting NFS it is possible that MDT threads might block until external action is performed on a file
- LU-4159 : Lustre 2.4.x clients are unable to access a released file
Work is in progress for these issues and it is likely that these will be addressed in the 2.5.1 release scheduled for Q1 2014.
Please log any issues found in this release at the issue tracking website
We would like to thank OpenSFS for their contributions towards the cost of this release, and also to all Lustre community members who have contributed to the release with code and/or testing.
— October 30, 2013
OpenSFS is happy to announce that LUG 2014 will be held in Miami, Florida, from April 8-10, 2014.
Read the complete announcement here.
Presentations from the China Lustre User Group meeting are now published.
Presentations from the Japan Lustre User Group are now published.