LUG 2017 will be held in Bloomington, Indiana from May 30-June 2nd.
The Lustre® User Group (LUG) conference is the industry’s primary venue for discussion and seminars on the Lustre parallel file system and other open source file system technologies.
LUG provides attendees with the opportunity to:
- Hear from the world’s leading developers, administrators, solution providers, and users of Lustre
- Be an active participant in industry dialogue on best practices and emerging technologies
- Explore upcoming developments of the Lustre file system
- Immerse in the strong Lustre community, working collaboratively to further the development of Lustre
Want to know more about LUG? Check out the presentations, videos, and more from LUG 2015 and LUG 2016.
Registration for LUG 2017 will open in December 2016. Register by March 1st to take advantage of the special early-bird registration rate!
Registration will be capped at 200 attendees. Only a few late registrations will be accepted – and only if we have not reached the 200 cap.
- Early Bird Registration = $499 (December – March 1)
- Regular Registration = $550 (March 2 – May 1)
- Late Registration = $750 (May 2 – June 1)
OpenSFS is pleased to offer one complimentary event pass to each member company of OpenSFS as a benefit of membership. The discount code will be sent to the OpenSFS primary contact, but it may be transferred to another representative at the same company.
Sponsors also receive free registrations depending on level of sponsorship. See sponsor information for details.
Is your company interested in sponsorship? LUG 2017 brings together over 200 Lustre attendees. View the LUG 2017 Sponsorship web page for more information.
A call for presentations will be distributed in early 2017 and the agenda finalized in March 2017.
Location, Transportation, and Lodging
If your journey requires plane transport, we recommend flying into Indianapolis International Airport (IND). Bloomington, Indiana does not have commercial air service. Do NOT fly into Bloomington, Illinois.
The transportation center is across the walkway from the baggage claim as you leave the terminal. There are several shuttle services to Bloomington. The Star charges $19 and the GoShuttle charges $15 one way. The buses are comfortable and (mostly) have onboard Wi-Fi and power.
If you plan to drive to Bloomington from Indianapolis airport, take Ameriplex Parkway to South Highway 67, head south until Martinsville, and then take Highway 39 east through Martinsville towards Highway 37. Highway 37 will take you the rest of the way to Bloomington. It takes just over an hour to get to Bloomington from Indianapolis airport.
The venue for LUG 2017 is the Biddle Hotel and Conference Center in the Indiana Memorial Union (IMU), located in the heart of the Indiana University campus.
Indiana Memorial Union
900 E 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47408
Hotel blocks have been reserved for LUG 2017 attendees. Only a few rooms are available at the IMU, register early to stay and meet all under one roof.
Hotel Reservation Deadline: May 1, 2017 at 11:59PM EST.
Room rates vary depending on type of room and location. Government employees may need to phone in to make a reservation to ensure the government rate.
Guest room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes in effect at the time of check-out. Rooms will be offered based on space and rate availability.
- Use group code LUG2017 for reservations at the IMU Biddle Hotel & Conference Center
- Book the group rate at Springhill Suites for off-campus accommodations
- Book the group rate at the Hyatt Place Bloomington for off-campus accommodations